Tuesday 20 November 2012

Bonfire Night baking...

Gosh, I'm behind on posting at the moment and as usual my excuse is work.  It's that time of year again.

Although November is a whirlwind of exhibition venues for me I do so like this time of year - the onset of winter, crispy leaves and of course Guy Fawkes night.  This year we were invited to celebrate with family in Oxfordshire.  They have an amazing garden and we ate chilli under the stars before the boys started the firework display.

My contribution to the evening was mini pumpkin pies.  I used this recipe by Jamie Oliver, but as advised by other recipes I squeezed as much liquid as possible from the roasted pumpkin before mixing with the rest of the ingredients.  I cheated slightly and used ready made pastry cases and baked them for about 12 minutes.  To decorate them I used gold food paint to cover pumpkin seeds and popped one on each pie.  I have to say that they were rather good (even if I do say so myself!).


No comments:

Post a Comment