Wednesday 16 January 2013

Orchids and an old pot...

There isn't really much to this post to be honest but I thought I'd share my latest addition to our sitting room. The pot is an old copper planter that my parents have had for years.  They've had it in their house for as long as I can remember, housing a variety of plants through the years.

As our new house is still looking a little sparse (we've moved from a modest two-up-two-down to a 5 bedroom house complete with sitting room, dining room and study) I asked if I might lay claim to the planter. I've seen lots of similar displays in florist's windows and for sale and fancied recreating it myself.  At the moment Marks & Spencer have their orchids on sale so I took the opportunity and bought three.  They are a perfect fit for the pot and the shape of it hides their plastic tubs perfectly.  It is by pure chance that the individual heights of the plants work so well together.

I'm so pleased with this that my next project will be to plant up some of my vintage china.  I have a lovely blue and white tureen that would rather suit some daffodils.


No comments:

Post a Comment