Wednesday 1 May 2013

Pick & Mix antiques...

On the same street as our flat in Teddington is an antique shop that I used to frequent on a fairly regular basis.  I say antique shop in the loosest terms as in the main it seems to be a halfway house for items on their way to auction.  That said I have picked up some lovely bits and pieces there over the years.

I still drive past on my way to and from work and called in yesterday to have a quick peek and see if anything took my fancy.  The lady that owns the shop knows me pretty well by now and offered me a £5 bag of odds and ends.  I came away with a soap stone lamp, a silver berry spoon, a cut glass salt cellar and a christening cup.

The lamp needs rewiring but will be perfect for out sitting room, the spoon is sweet and just right for spooning jam onto scones, the salt cellar is a gift for my mother and the cup...well, I'm sure that it will find a home somewhere!




No comments:

Post a Comment