Wednesday 10 July 2013

A room of one's own...

...part one.

This room was actually the first one that we tackled, I have waited until now to show you everything as it was mine for all of 5 minutes before Mr E moved his studio in.  This was a necessary evil as he needed somewhere to work and that room needed rather a lot doing to it to make it usable.

I had quite a clear idea of how I wanted the room to look from the beginning.  I'd seen Emily Schuman's office on her blog Cupcakes and Cashmere and had fallen in love with it immediately.


Luckily the room was in a reasonably good state and all we had to do was re-plaster the ceiling (every room in our house has horrendous Aretx) and strip the walls. I say all we had to do, there were layers of paper and paint, and paper and more paint.  Then came the filling and sanding and finally the repainting.

I tried out about four different pink paints until I found one that I liked.  It is a shame about the name as it is truly dreadful but the winner was Crown's Fairy Dust.


We finished it off with a lovely curtain panel from Ikea and a giant paper lamp shade.  I love having a room that is all mine where I can sit and read, sew, make my cards - generally anything that I want! Despite being very pink the room is calm and quiet and I can while away many an hour here.



Details on my furniture in the next post.








No comments:

Post a Comment