Sunday 27 January 2013

Decisions, decisions...

One of the exciting things about our new house is the chance to redecorate. Every room needs the existing wallpaper stripping, holes filling, electrics moving, ceilings plastering...the list goes on.  Me and Mr E are muddling our way through things - he on the practical side of things and me on the more decorative.  Most conversations are along the following lines:

Me:  What do you think of this bedside lamp?
Mr E:  What, for the bedroom that still needs stripping, plastering, painting, furnishing etc?

You get the picture.  For me I need to have an idea in my head about what the room will look like when it's finished in order to get through the layers of paint, paper, paint and more paper that require stripping from every surface. For Mr E he can't think about the finished room until all of that is done and we have a blank canvas ready.

All of this goes someway to explaining why we currently have four wallpaper samples stuck to our bedroom wall as I try to decide which one I like best for a room that is not going to be ready to decorate  until July!


They are all William Morris prints and at the moment I am leaning towards the two on either end but who knows, by the time we are ready for the actual decorating I may have changed my mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment