Wednesday 2 March 2011

The prettiest thing I own...

I have thought long and hard about what my first proper post should be dedicated to and decided that in honour of the title it should be something pretty.


I considered all the lovely things that I own; my sugar pink cake stand, the green 1950s vase, a Russian painted brooch, but none of them came close to my engagement ring.


It truly is the most beautiful thing that I own.  It is Art Deco in style although the stones are much older, probably from the late 1800s.  I love the fact that someone has owned and worn and loved it before me.  I love the fact that the stones were once part of a much grander piece of jewellery and now they are part of something that I own and wear and love.


But most of all I love what it means, the person who gave it to me and how I feel every time I look at my hand.


No comments:

Post a Comment