Tuesday 5 April 2011

The man himself...

I realised yesterday that I have been writing this blog now for over a month and am yet to mention its' namesake: Hercule Poirot.


I have a great love for Agatha Christie and her characters, with the great Poirot as my absolute favourite.  Most of my friends and family find this more than a little strange and the husband is driven to distraction by the almost constant repeats on ITV 3 and my ever growing collection of books. But I find great comfort in this strange little Belgian.  I like his fastidiousness and his odd expressions.  I lust after the houses and furniture used in the television adaptations and trawl eBay, flea markets and antique shops looking for my own Art Deco objects.


For me there is only one Poirot; David Suchet.  He captures the mannerisms and character perfectly and I for one can't wait for the next installment!






  

No comments:

Post a Comment