Thursday 24 March 2011

A walk in the park...

I have found my photos and so here is my missing post!


The weather this weekend has been so glorious that it would be an absolute crime not to be outside enjoying it.  We are very lucky in Teddington and have a marvellous selection of parks to pick from, all on our door step.


This weekend's destination was Radnor Gardens, a mere 10 minute stroll for Mr E, Bingo & me.  The gardens are on the river, just where Teddington meets Twickenham.  The park was once the private gardens of the riverside properties but is now public gardens for all to enjoy.


There is a lovely mix of formal gardens, a bowling green (more about my particular fascination with that to come!) and lovely weeping willows whose fronds trail into the water.  Apparently they are the very first willows to be planted.











 


No comments:

Post a Comment