Thursday 25 August 2011

Les vacances...part quatre

Now, we all know that I love a handbag so I was delighted to finally visit a shop that I have heard a lot about. Laffargue is more than a leather shop in St Jean de Luz, it is the leather shop.  It is where anyone who's anyone buys their handbag!

The shop has had pride of place on Rue Gambetta for over 100 years after Joseph Daniel Laffague, the son of a saddler and saddler himself, decided that he wanted to incorporate the studded designs he used to decorate his work onto lady's handbags, belts and purses.  The same methods are still used with each item being hand studded.

I already own one of their purses, a gift from a friend, and I wanted to add to the collection with one of their small handbags.  Unfortunately the price tags were a little too much for this month to cope with so I resisted. Imagine my utter joy then when I found a vintage Laffargue in a local brocante.  It is a beautiful cherry red, gorgeous shiny leather and the perfect size.  And what's more it was less than half the price of the new ones! Fate I say.




No comments:

Post a Comment