Saturday 10 September 2011

Charity begins at home...

I had a rare morning with nothing planned and nothing pressing to do, so I took myself into Twickenham for a browse around the charity shops.  I always enjoy having a nose to see what's new and am constantly on the look out for vintage tea plates to add to my collection, old lady handbags and battered paperbacks. Today was particularly successful and I am very pleased with my finds.



I've been on the look out for a navy blue skirt for a while to add to my winter wardrobe staples and this one fit the bill perfectly.  Pleated and just on the knee it looks as if it has never been worn.

Next was a cut glass dressing table dish.  It is lidded and is engraved with fern like leaves.  It has already been filled with cotton wool and joined my collection of vintage glass.



I love an audio book and was pleased to find an Agatha Christie set.  It is a Tommy & Tuppence mystery, now they don't quite rate as highly as Poirot or indeed Marple but I am sure that they will keep me entertained on my next car journey!

Finally I bought a mug for a friend at work.  It reads "I'd rather be with my cat".  I think that it will make her laugh and cheer up a dull afternoon in the office!

And the best part?  I spent a grant total of £15.

1 comment:

  1. What an excellent haul! I love the wee dish, and I have one of those mugs that says 'I'd rather be reading'! Navy is SUCH a good colour for A/W too.

    ReplyDelete