Wednesday 2 November 2011

Poirot and Eltham Palace...

This evening I watched the ITV adaptation of Three Act Tragedy and swooned at the amazing home of Sir Charles Cartwright.  The most perfect Art Deco building, swooping white curves, decadent interiors and incredible furniture.

The more they showed of the inside the more convinced I was that I recognised the building.  The next scene was in an unmistakable panelled dining room and it came to me: Eltham Palace.  I visited the palace years ago on an English Heritage open day and instantly fell in love with the architecture, design and stunning rooms.  A medieval palace with an ultra modern private house built on the side, Eltham Palace makes a wonderful day out.  The same building was used in another Poirot as the home of Lynette Ridgeway in Death on the Nile.

A different building was used for the exterior of the house and after a bit of searching I found it.  St Ann's Court in Chertsey.  It is a Grade 2 listed building that as far as I can tell is a private home.  Such a shame as I would love to visit that one too.





No comments:

Post a Comment