Monday 20 February 2012

Colour crush...

I've been home alone this weekend and have had rather a lot of free time to devote to blog browsing!  I have discovered some super new interiors blogs and have been enviously drooling over other people's beautiful homes.  

Consequently I have become rather obsessed with the combination of coral and turquoise.  I love how the colours totally clash yet totally complement each other.

image from here

image from here

image from here

These rooms use the colours in their most vibrant and I think that they look just incredible.  I love how the traditional wood panelling lends itself so perfectly to the dark turquoise then meets the unexpected coral ceiling, rather like a sunset falling into the sea.

image from here

This room uses the same colours but in more muted, romantic tones.  It has a wonderfully elegant and calm feel and I rather think I would enjoy siting at that table with a cup of freshly brewed coffee.

image from here

If you aren't feeling brave enough to dedicate a whole room to these colours then this simple flower arrangement is an easy way to flirt with the idea until you are ready to commit!

image from here

The handwoven rug above is just too beautiful for words.  If this were in my home I think I would be to in awe to even step on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment