Wednesday 22 February 2012

Hand luggage only...

This weekend I am off to Madrid for a few days to stay with my lovely friend C.  I have just finished packing and rather wish that the contents of my suitcase looked like this:


Instead they actually look like this:


I travel fairly frequently and like to feel organised when I am going away. Over the years I have developed a few tricks that make packing easier.  I have a standard list of toiletries that I work from each time and just adapt slightly depending on where I am going and how long I am staying.  I have another list of items that I always travel with like my phone charger, a book, my leather folding photo frame and a scarf.  The rest I work out based on the type and length of trip.

I think having the right sized bag makes a big difference; that way you aren't tempted to take too much or forced to take to little.  I have the perfect cabin sized suitcase that is ideal for this kind of trip.  This weekend's packing includes:

Jeans
Black skirt
Long sleeved t-shirt x 2
Vests x 3
Lace jumper
Sparkly top
Evening dress
Pyjamas
2 x ballet pumps
Trainers
Evening bag
Day bag
Jewellery
Toiletries
Camera

I try to pick a colour palette and stick to clothes in that range.  That way it is much easier to mix and match.  This weekend I will mostly be wearing navy blue and brown.  With a purple dress thrown in for good measure!

Have fun whatever you are up to and what ever colour you are wearing!

3 comments:

  1. You are a good packer.

    Is that your dog? Adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your suitcase contents are pretty swank. I love those jewelled pumps! This is how I pack too. I pick a colour and stick to it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anna - unfortunately that isn't my dog. I rather wish it was *covering real dog's ears*!

    Lisa-Marie - ha ha - the ballet pump's are New Look's best!

    ReplyDelete