Wednesday 8 February 2012

Growing into things...



I was given this ring by my inimitable Aunty H when I was 16 or so.  It needed some repair work to it, nothing vast, but it has taken me until now (some several years I assure you) to take it to be fixed.  It was never a question of money but more that while the ring was certainly beautiful I was never sure it was me.

A few weeks ago I was deciding what jewellery to wear out to dinner when I had a sudden desire to wear it.  I dug out the box and headed to the repair shop the next day.  Two weeks later and it was all mended and lovely and I am thrilled to have on my hand.

It's odd to think that I have had the ring for nearly 16 years and never felt quite ready to wear it.  I truly believe that there are some things in life that you grow into; like olives and martinis and red lipstick.  I am so pleased that I hung onto the ring and that it will now be part of someone's life again.

1 comment:

  1. This could not be more true. I think it's when we see something of them in ourselves, or want to see it. I am glad you feel it for this lovely ring :)

    ReplyDelete