Tuesday 27 March 2012

Just another day at the office...

Things have been so busy here that I haven't had two minutes to put pen to paper, or whatever the modern blogging equivalent of that is.  I haven't taken any of the pictures off my camera, shown you my latest charity shop finds or raved about the Hockney exhibition that I finally went to see.

Something that has been responsible for keeping me so busy is also one of the most exciting things I've done in a while.  Last week I left the confines of my desk to do something a little different.  For the last few months I have been working on a brand new show, BBC Good Food Show Spring, and last Friday was the official launch at Bluewater.

We built a mini version of one of the theatres that we have at our main show and spent the day at the shopping centre with James Martin & Olly Smith doing little cookery demonstrations. I worked on the build of the theatre but also got more involved than usual with the actual demos.  I received the recipes in advance and worked out what ingredients and equipment we would need.  I did the shopping and brought most of the equipment from my own kitchen!  On the day I prepared all the ingredients, made sure that they were all set out in the right order and was even in charge of the "here's one I made earlier" dishes that they pulled out of the fridge!

Here are some pictures from the day.  It was long, exhausting but very good fun - I can't wait for the real thing!







 

No comments:

Post a Comment