Wednesday 14 March 2012

The Queen plays with her corgis...

I've really been enjoying the build up to the Diamond Jubilee, the BBC 1 programme and the various newspaper supplements.  I very much admire The Queen and I think one of the things I like the most is the way that she is always surrounded by her corgis.

The picture below is one of my favourites, I first saw it as part of the Exposed exhibition at the Tate.  I love the butler in his wig & dress coat throwing the football and The Queen looking on indulgently.

image from here

When I started looking at pictures of The Queen and her corgis I found this one and loved it almost as much.  Apparently the Queen's first corgi was called Susan and went on the honeymoon with the newlyweds!  Now that really is beyond marvellous.

image from here

The last picture I picked was this one.  Super elegant, lovely lines and beautiful clashing colours.

image from here

I love the way that the corgis are always trotting along behind and really seem part of everyday life.  Our little dog is much the same, never far behind. However I do wish that I could take Bingo to work and on all my travels.

No comments:

Post a Comment