Thursday 24 May 2012

Boot camp call...



This week I signed myself up to my local boot camp fitness class.  At 6am I join 10 other ladies for an hour's brisk exercise in the park.  I'm one of those people who is continually on a diet, trying to slim down and failing miserably.  I make infrequent attempts at the gym and lack lustre commitments to classes.  With summer just around the corner and holidays looming I decided desperate times call for desperate measures.

I'm not going to lie to you the first morning was pretty tough.  I was scarlet in the face and panting after about 5 minutes but I persevered and made it through to the end of the hour.  The day after wasn't so bad, I arrived home feeling energised and ready to face the day.
I'm on day 4 now and am aching all over but I am proud of myself for persevering and I can feel a difference.  Most importantly it has given me the push I need to start a proper fitness routine.

I've signed up to do it again in June but for 2 weeks this time - wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment