Sunday 16 October 2011

An autumn affair...

This weekend has been one of those perfect autumn weekends; clear skies, crisp air and beautiful sunsets. The start of autumn is one of my favourite times of year - it signifies the start of so many wonderful rituals.

Here are some of my favourites:
Long walks with leaves crunching underfoot.
Red wine on a Sunday afternoon.
Game pie and other such hearty fare.
Seeing your breath when you exhale.
Wearing coloured tights.
Snuggling under a blanket on the sofa.
Boots and wooly socks.

I have made a good start this weekend by rescuing my winter clothes from storage.  My beloved boots are once again back in favour.  Hats, scarves and gloves are ready for their turn.  The husband and I went for a walk this afternoon, amazed at how different the streets look with their autumn wardrobe on display.  As I type I have a game pie in the oven.

Now I can't wait for winter!


The ever beautiful Bushy Park

1 comment:

  1. This is exactly why I love autumn. It has turned very cold here in Scotalnd and it's getting more wintry by the day, so today I am sorting through and mending our winter clothes. :)

    ReplyDelete