Monday 3 October 2011

Sunshine and friends and Agatha Christie...

Today's post is more of an update really.  I am smiling once again; thanks to sunshine, friends and Agatha Christie.  Not necessarily in that order.

My best friend who lives in Madrid was visiting for the weekend, and what a weekend she picked.  How amazing was the weather?  I had Friday off so we met for lunch and then headed over to Brick Lane for a rummage through the vintage shops.  I was very restrained and treated myself to just the two tea plates.  After exhausting ourselves with the spoils of the East End vintage scene we headed back to our pied a terre (our friend Russ' flat in Kensington!).  A glass of vino and an olive or two and we were totally refreshed.

Friday evening was spent at the V&A, there was an open evening on with cocktail bars and live music.  It was such a beautiful evening that we sat in the courtyard and chatted until hunger got the better of us and we gorged on burgers at Byron Burger.  Have you been?  If not then go immediately.

Taking advantage of the continued sunshine we spent Saturday in Richmond Park, wandering along the streams and eating ice creams.  Thai food for dinner then home to bed.

On Sunday we jumped in our battered car and ventured into sunny Surrey to celebrate in the christening of friend's baby.  It was very nice to catch up with lots of people who we haven't seen for an age, the lunch afterwards was super and the biggest plus point was that I had an hour each to listen to my Agatha Christie audiobook!  Is that wrong?

So all in all I am of a much cheerier disposition, and am ready to face the week ahead.  How about you?

1 comment:

  1. Sounds utterly lovely. I love the V&A!

    My weekend was gigs and travelling and more gigs and chat with friends. It was good.

    ReplyDelete