Tuesday 25 October 2011

Before and after...

I have just returned from working away in Glasgow on BBC Good Food Scotland.  The SECC became my home for the last week and it never ceases to amaze me that in just 6 days we can take an empty exhibition hall, fill it with producers, theatres and celebrity chefs, entertain thousands of people and then just as quickly it's gone!
I took some before and after photographs of the theatres.  I think it is pretty impressive but I guess I would say that!
From this...
To this...
And back to this again...
This was the Supertheatre, 500 seats, 5 demos a day and host to the MasterChef boys John Torode and Gregg Wallace and Saturday Kitchen's James Martin.  

We have some smaller theatres that have equally impressive demos:

I love the huge sense of satisfaction I get from seeing something that I have worked on for so long come to life, take shape and be enjoyed by so many people.  It is hard work and long hours but I wouldn't do anything else!

This is me & a colleague enjoying the very glamorous back stage facilities!

And to finish off or very own James Martin opening the show!

No comments:

Post a Comment